The W.C. Bradley Co. Values were established by company founder W.C. Bradley himself, expressed in the simple, direct motto, “a man’s word is his bond.” He focused on adhering to the highest standards of integrity and being a good steward of all that had been entrusted to him, his family and the company.
The W.C. Bradley Co. values define how we work as individuals and as a unified company; they reflect our history, and show us the way to move forward in the right direction. The values of the W.C. Bradley Co. have guided the company through both good times and bad times. The values are basic and fundamental, but they are also dynamic and enduring.
Innovation – We value creativity and learning from diverse perspectives.
- Innovation is the most important organizational resource of all. Without creativity and innovation there is no progress.
- Accepting and embracing diversity and different points of view is critical to driving innovation and the creation and execution of new products, services, and business processes.
- Embracing innovation means accepting failure. As soon as you say: “Failure is not an option,” you’ve just said “Innovation is not an option.”
Caring – We are Servant Leaders to our people, our communities and our environment.
- Caring is about creating a culture of respect and an atmosphere of growth and service for everyone in the organization.
- Caring is about seeking first to understand and then be understood.
- Caring is about listening between the lines to build understanding and compassion with those around us. It's about meeting the needs of others.
Excellence – We strive to exceed internal and external customer and consumer expectations.
- Excellence means constantly raising the level of what is considered to be success.
- Excellence is when we demand more of ourselves than our customers and consumers do. It’s what happens when we make the right choices, especially when no one is looking.
- Excellence in the little things always adds up to excellence in the big things.
Accountability – We are active stewards of all the resources entrusted to us.
- Taking accountability means approaching our jobs with an owner mentality. It’s a specific choice to rise above our personal circumstances and demonstrate the ownership needed to achieve results.
- It means leaving things better than we found them.
- It extends beyond ourselves to the development of our people and improving our communities and environments.
Integrity – We continue our heritage of courageously doing the right thing.
- Integrity is being ethically unyielding and honest. It’s inspiring trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviors to our words, and taking responsibility for our actions.
- This value is specifically relevant and important in these current times where so many big institutions and systems have crumbled because of a lack of integrity. Without integrity, financial success is empty and corrupt.
Winning spirit – We are determined to grow our business profitably and to be leaders in all our markets.
- People with a winning spirit believe in themselves; they are not prepared to live with the status quo and they boldly challenge the odds.
- Winning comes from hard work, extraordinary competence and fair play – we demand all of these from ourselves.
- Winning gets rewarded in financial success so we, our families and our communities can benefit.
A Culture of Accountability
While the Values are the foundation of the W.C. Bradley Co., its Cultural Beliefs are timely and must change with the times. The company’s Cultural Beliefs pave the way for future growth and focus on empowering all team members to take accountability for helping the company meet its objectives. With this focus on accountability, all team members help “Make It Happen” and individual and company goals are achieved.